Investment Strategies & Comprehensive Financial Planning Solutions.
(Investment Advisory Services offered Through Cambridge Investment Research Advisors Inc.)
Lower Volatility Portfolios (risk controlled): These portfolios are constructed with investments that have a low correlation to each other thereby creating a significantly smoother pattern of return than other investment strategies that deliver similar returns. The large majority of the funds that are utilized are managed by insititutional money managers. Many of the funds that we utilize are closed to many advisors and the general public. The goal of designing these portfolios is to provide long-term equity-like returns but with bond-like risk. In other words, they have very low standard deviations.
Personalized Investment Management Strategies: After a thorough review with our client, we will implement a customized investment plan that is not influenced by the use of potentially expensive proprietary products that are used in the market place today. Our status as independent advisors is valued as we utilize investment strategies designed to achieve the highest potential return with the lowest possible cost consistent with our client's goals and objectives. Preferably, we are compensated by an asset based management fee so that our incentive is directly linked to your investment performance. Our process is characterized by the following activities:
- Continous monitoring of our initial investment planning analysis and Recommendations.
- Periodic portfolio rebalancing as dictated by changing market conditions.
- Quarterly performance reporting (and at other times as requested by client).
- Compound and periodic backtesting of proposed asset allocation strategies.
- Minimum required distribution projections and tax liabilities for qualified accounts.
- Measuring the impact of client contribution and withdrawals on portfolio values.
- Web based consolidated account reporting for performance and holdings.
- Annual (or more often if necessary) client review meetings.
- Coordination of account management with client's CPA and or attorney.
Financial Planning Solutions: We will prepare and maintain a comprehensive analysis of your existing financial situation, quantify and prioritize goals, identify deficiencies and recommend specific, customized solutions. Your plan will address the following topics (if applicable):
- What rate of return on my capital is necessary for me to reach my long-term goals?
- How much can I plan to withdraw from my portfolio annually in volatile markets?
- How does volatility impact my retirement planning?
- What will the effect of taxes and inflation have on my retirement spending?
- What is the appropriate definition of risk for my portfolio?
- What is an appropriate benchmark to measure my returns against?
- What asset allocation strategy best meets my short-term and long-term objectives?
- Retirement needs analysis and recommendations.
- Educational funding needs analysis and recommendations.
- Coordination and implementation of tax planning recommendations from your CPA or attorney.